While we list specific roles and opportunities below, Citrine is always looking for smart, driven people who are able to excel wearing many hats, excited about teamwork, and hungry to change the world. If you are all of this and more, fill out the form on this page and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, what you bring to the team, and anything else you would like us to know. We can't respond to every inquiry we get, but we are doing our best to respond to as many as we can.
Start the conversation
We'd love to hear about the challenges you're eager to take on.
Opportunity: Full-Stack Developer
Build a platform for every materials researcher in the world
Citrine Informatics is looking for an experienced engineer to help us build out our platform for materials scientists to search for scientific data, run machine learning models on their data, and share knowledge with the research community.
Our stack currently includes a Rails application backed by ElasticSearch and a PostgreSQL database, a sprinkling of Java web services, and some Python machine learning models with AngularJS front-ends. As we build more solutions for customers, other technologies are a certainty: We’re committed to using the right tools for the job. We can’t expect you to be fluent in every technology, but an eagerness to learn quickly is a must.
Being the second engineer at Citrine means you will have an enormous impact on the culture of both the entire company and the engineering organization. Someone in this role needs to be very flexible - you must be able to work well in a team / pair, but also be independent enough to drive solutions to completion on your own.
Successful Full-Stack Developer candidates must:
- Have 4+ years professional experience, including at least one production-deployed web technology role
- Have a computer science degree from a four-year university OR equivalent experience
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be extremely comfortable using Linux
Opportunity: Computational Scientist
Use data to master the periodic table
The founders of Citrine are materials scientists who believe that data, at unprecedented scale, can completely transform our field. We’re looking for a computational scientist to join our team as employee #3 and help define the future of Citrine and materials R&D at large. The successful Computational Scientist candidate will demonstrate uncommon passion for and excellence in the three pillars of Citrine’s mission: (1) physical sciences, (2) scientific computing, and (3) large-scale data analysis.
Change the world through materials that enable amazing products people use every day
Be inspired by working with brilliant people on a hard, important problem
Experience life at a fast-moving, venture-backed Silicon Valley startup
Enjoy our work-hard, play-hard culture—meet us and you'll understand
Continue to publish—Citrine alumni will go on to illustrious careers in academia
I'm Sold—What's Next?
We are excited that you are interested in joining the Citrine team! Here is how our hiring process works:
1. Sign up using the form above to express interest. Please also send your resume or CV to email@example.com. Computational Scientist candidates will receive a link to our technical challenge.
2. If we think there might be a good fit, we'll reach out to set up an introductory video chat, phone call, or coffee with us. You'll have a chance to tell us about what gets you excited, and we'll share more about Citrine's vision and path forward.
3. Cultural fit interviews with each member of the Citrine founding team.
4. Reference checks. Hope you're still friends with your advisor/former boss...
5. Short-term paid project with Citrine, to ensure that we all work well together.
6. Join Citrine—materials will never be the same.